Thursday, December 10, 2009

If you're a fly gal, then get your nails done. Get a pedicure, get your hair did.

Today I decided to treat myself to a mani and pedi. (For those who don't know what this is, I will explain. It a place where they clean and polish your nails and massage your hands and feet. Some people choose to get there then clean nails painted. Still don't understand? Go ask your mom, she will know.)
Now I am sure a few of you are like really Chelsea? How girly of you? And my reply will be, I like to be pampered as much as the next person.
Back to the topic on hand. While I was not understanding what my nail person/technician lady was saying; there sat a little boy who was probably three or four. Now this little boy who we will call Ricky, because I thought that was what he looked like. He looked like a Ricky to me. Now Ricky sat in the giant pedicure chair (which is comfortable and massages your back) eating a donut (with white frosting and rainbow sprinkles), while he used his stuffed animal, that totally had a band-aid on its head, to prop his mother's phone, that he was using to watch SpongeBob SquarePants (yes that is the correct spelling). Now I know I have a few grandmas on this blog, so here is a picture if you dont know who Mr. SquarePants is. (And I swear I'm not creepy. I just like to people watch.)



When I was younger I use to have to make up my own fun when I went on errands with my mom. Either my sisters and I would play some sort of imaginary adventure game that would always end in tears because Linzi made all the rules and I never liked to listen to her. Or I would pretend I was on my own adventure. And each clothes rack was another jungle I had to fight through or a monster to battle.
I assume most of you don't know what I was like as a child, so you must understand one thing about child me. I was the kid who sat in the same cardboard box that I drew plane dashboards inside it, (so I could really push buttons) and had on an astronaut helmet that I talked through and thought that Huston was really replying back to me.

I was weird. But definitely more imaginative then any kid now a days.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so in love with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated how Linzi always got to make all the rules...

    ReplyDelete