Sunday, December 20, 2009

Best Tip Ever!

I know I usually talk about a lot of weird stuff. But today I feel inspired. I feel a little lighter about the world. I'm usually pretty cold hearted when it comes down to it. I never say I love you. I find this generic phrase is over used and/or not used appropriately. So call me what you want but I don't just throw the "L" word around. The other "L" word I do...as in lesbian.
Now where am I going with this? Well let's look at the title of this post. The best tip ever! So what was so amazing that made my cold heart melt to liquid heat? The answer. A gentleman and his son (probably four years old) came into my store today and before his father ordered his beverage the little boy pulls out a Spiderman sticker and says "This is for you." I thanked him with real graditude and said that Spiderman was amazing but he should check out X-Men and then I asked him if I should wear the sticker. He said if I felt like it I could. I said okay and took his father's money.
Then as they were walking to pick up the father's drink I decided that I would show the boy that I really liked what he gave me. So I said "Hey buddy, I am gonna wear it now." The kids face was one of utter shock, awe, and excitment. I was an adult that put on his childish sticker. I appricated it beyound belief. I made this kids day (or so I hope I did) and what he will never know is that he made mine. It's those little things that make me truly believe that the world just might be an okay place. There is hope.
The holidays are here. Channukah just ended and Christmas is around the corner. Holidays like Yule and Kwanzaa are over looked but they are still here and celebrated in their own ways.
I'm a big scrooge or grinch when it comes to all the smells, tastes, and sights of the holidays. I just don't like any aspect of it. But Spiderman Sticker kid might have given me a little holiday spirit. Let's be nice to our neighbors and families and our friends. Let's be nice to strangers and to everyone else.
Kind of makes me sick thinking about all this cheerful shit. Maybe I will start a little smaller. I will be nice to myself and see how it goes from there. World peace after self peace.
So this holiday season I ask everyone to give out their stickers and smiles and be like that four year old boy. And then maybe we can have world peace. But probably not. But it would still be nice to think it could happen.

Happy holidays UnRT readers. I love you all.
-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment